Do you find that your heating cost is getting higher than last year?
Here are a few steps to lower the heating cost.
The furnace or boiler in your home is a large energy user. Consider the following:
- Keep your thermostat at around 20°C
- Lowering your thermostat when no one’s home
- Checking the furnace filter once a month during the heating season (change or clean when dirty)
- Having a professional tune-up of the heating system at least every other year
- Replace the older furnace with a high efficiency model. Check with BC Hydro if they have an incentive